Who are we?
St Paul’s Lutheran Church is a vibrant Christian church located in Box Hill in Melbourne’s east. We are an intergenerational, multicultural community committed to sharing Jesus Christ’s love with each other and our neighbours through regular worship and active service.
What does our name mean?
The apostle Paul taught that God's gift of grace is the basis for us being able to approach God and be saved, rather than our own efforts to be good and worthy. This is at the heart of what Lutherans believe. We, and many other Lutheran churches, have chosen to take St Paul’s name as a public commitment to our belief that we are saved by grace, for Christ's sake, through faith.
Why are we here?
• Gather (Sanctuary): To provide a safe place for members and visitors, where they are valued and respected and can find peace amid the busyness and stress of everyday life
• Grow (Community): To live together as God’s family - worshipping Him, building each other up in faith, and mirroring His love for all people
• Go (Outreach): To actively share the good news of Jesus Christ with others, from serving those in our local area to supporting international mission
Where are we going?
A diverse community of people,
Grounded in the Gospel,
Committed to growing ourselves and each other,
Equipped with God-given gifts, talents and resources, and
Empowered by the Spirit to minister beyond our comfort zone.
How are we going to get there?
In Christ we gather, grow, and go.
This statement defines our process of building disciples in a lifelong journey with Christ. We start by Gathering people in Christ, and then we Grow in both relationships and knowledge, so we can Go and bring others to the same journey in Christ.
What do we stand for?
• Unconditional welcome and acceptance
• Variety in worship, including relevant preaching and teaching
• Nurture and support
• Witness and service to others
• Celebration of different cultures and generations
• Committed prayer
How are we staying safe?
- We follow the LCA ethical standards of behaviour
- We have a COVID Safe Plan
- Our leaders attend Safe Church Training
- We implement Safe Church practices using SP3 guidelines – Safe People, Safe Programs, Safe Places
We comply with Work Safe practices